Sunday 18 March 2012

Nothing beats beets.

In hindsight, giving my six-month-old beetroot was a mistake.

I knew it would be messy, but I was shortsighted in my predictions. I planned for the actual feeding process and forgot that one rarely sees food go into the baby's mouth just once. Food will make multiple returns on multiple occasions, and here is what I've learned from the process:

REASONS NOT TO FEED YOUR BABY BEETROOT:
1. You can be as prepared as you like, but your baby's clothes will still get stained. As will yours. All the bibs and towels in the world wouldn't be able to prevent it. Fact.
2. Shortly after feeding, your baby might vomit. Do not do as I did, and plonk your baby onto the cream carpet so soon after her lunch. You'll be scrubbing for hours. Nothing gets out beetroot.
3. Be prepared to have an interesting nappy-change experience. My changemat is now a lovely shade of pink.


My advice if you want to feed your baby beets?

Do it in the tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment